current tour programs
Highlights Tour – available now
Enjoy a tour of objects from our Permanent Collection on the 2nd floor. Highlights include selections from:
- Herbert Bayer: Bauhaus Master, November 16, 2019–April 5, 2020
- Nature by Design: After Icebergs, November 16, 2019–April 27, 2020
- Nature by Design: Botanical Expressions, December 7–January 10, 2021
- Nature by Design: Botanical Lessons, June 8, 2019–January 31, 2021
- Nature by Design: Cochineal, November 16, 2019–May 25, 2021
Mansion Tour – available now
Enjoy a tour of the Mansion – learn about Andrew Carnegie and the history of the Mansion and its transformation from home to museum.
- Open to the general public
- Tours every day
- Mon – Thur: 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. – Collection Highlights
- Fri: 11:30 a.m. Mansion Tour, 1:30 p.m. – Collection Highlights
- Weekends: 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. – Collections Highlights
- Free with admission
- No reservation required
- All tours last 45 minutes, are led by experienced museum guides, and encourage an informal exchange of ideas.
- First come, first served
- Maximum of 25 participants†
- If you would like to learn more, please call our Tours line, 212.849.8351
† Groups exceeding 10 participants are encouraged to book a separate Group Tour.
Verbal Description + Sensory Public Tours
Dynamic verbal description tours of exhibitions are offered the first Friday of every month at 1:30 p.m. Join a Cooper Hewitt educator in conversation and explore a selection of objects through detailed verbal description and touch. These free, multi-sensory tours are intended for members of the blind and low-vision community and are open to all.
private guided tours
- Reservations are required at least 4 weeks in advance of the desired visit date – please complete the tour registration form
- Fees: individual admissions fees + $150 Design Guide fee
- Minimum of 10†, maximum of 25 participants
- For groups larger than 25, please make separate reservations with staggered arrival times
† If your group has special needs that require a smaller group size, please email the Tours department or call 212.849.8351.
Self-guided tours/group admission
- Reservations are required at least 2 weeks in advance of the desired visit date – please complete the tour registration form
- Fees: individual admissions fees (same as online prices)
- Minimum of 10, maximum of 35 participants
- For groups larger than 35, please make separate reservations with staggered arrival times
- Outside lecturers are not permitted
Featured Image: Cooper Hewitt Design Guides lead public and private tours of Cooper Hewitt's exhibitions.