How to Enter
1. PREPARE YOUR SUBMISSION
You can enter as an individual or as a team of up to 5 people.
If you are a student with a disability, you may submit a written description of your idea as a .pdf or an audio description of your idea as an .mp3 as needed (200 words or less).
2. Describe your design
The online entry form will require you to submit your responses to the following:
- Define the problem. (50 words or less.)
- Tell us about the user(s). (50 words or less.)
- Clearly state the idea for the solution (100 words or less.)
If you are a student with a disability, you may submit audio files of your responses as .MP3 files as needed.
3. Submit your design
The entry period will run through October 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (ET). On the submission site, you will create an account and be able to work on your entry before submitting.
The entry period is now open! Click here to create an account, work on, and submit your entry.
- Your name and contact information, and the names and contact information for all team members, if applicable.
- An upload of a single 11″ x 17″ PDF file including 3 images of solution.
- Responses to the information requested in step 2.
- Your entry cannot have any marks, logos, or writing on it that identifies the applicants’ affiliated university or college so that Cooper Hewitt can review all entries anonymously.
- For any questions, please visit FAQs.
The entry period will run through to October 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (ET). On the submission site, you will create an account, and be able to work on your entry before submitting