Experience design with all your senses! Cooper Hewitt presents the Experience Cafe: a night of tasting sounds, smelling words, and touching sensory materials with designers and scientists involved with The Senses: Design Beyond Vision. Guests will rotate through hands-on stations spanning the museum, participating in activities designed to ignite the senses. Join us!
Hands-on stations include:
- Explore flavor perception with scientists from the Monell Chemical Senses Center.
- Discover connections between taste, music, and chocolate with designer-scientist Bruno Mesz (UNTREF, STSEAS UNQ)
- Discover how perfume is designed with experts from International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF).
- Experience tactile design and printing with Elia Life Technologies and San Francisco’s LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
- Experiment with programmed materials with innovators from MIT’s Self-Assembly Lab.
Admission is free, but advanced registration is requested. Refreshments will be available for purchase.