Join us in November as we explore the architecture and design of the UK-based Heatherwick Studio. During this workshop, students will be inspired by the museum’s current exhibition on Heatherwick Studio to create three-dimensional prototypes that solve real-world design challenges. Students will engage with the important process of prototyping and apply this to their own work.
Students will be able to:
- Study and draw inspiration from the collection of Cooper Hewitt.
- Understand the design process.
- Work with and learn from professional designers.
- Engage in collaborative discussion.
- Create and develop a varied body of work.
- Learn to present and discuss work.
Dates + Locations:
Monday 11/2, 4:00-6:00 at Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, 2 E 91st St*
Wednesday 11/4, 4:00-6:30 at Cooper Hewitt Design Center, Harlem
Monday 11/9, 4:00-6:30 at CHDC
Monday 11/16, 4:00-6:30 at CHDC
Wednesday 11/18, 4:00-6:30 at CHDC*
*Note: Parents/guardians are asked to join the first and last sessions.
DesignPrep 101 is made possible in part by the generous support of Deutsche Bank.