JOIN DESIGN HIVE!
Design Hive is a paid, youth-led initiative at Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum. High school juniors and seniors dive deep into design objects and processes to develop their own collaborative projects. Along the way, they will learn how designers move from an initial idea to final design!
The program begins with an orientation on Tuesday, November 14, 2023 and runs weekly through Tuesday, May 21, 2024. All Department of Education school breaks and holidays are observed.
Students selected for Design Hive will receive a stipend of $2,000 for their participation, paid in two $1,000 payments during the program.
Design Hive takes place weekly Tuesdays from 4:30–6:30 p.m. Students must be based in the NYC area to apply. Participants must attend weekly program dates and be available to meet at Cooper Hewitt (2 East 91st St, New York, NY 10128).
Interested in applying? We will tell you more at this brief information session. Educators and prospective students welcome!
- Hear from former Design Hive students about their experience and learn about a typical session or workshop.
- Learn how to apply via SOLAA
- Q + A
- Location: This program will take place virtually, via Zoom webinar. The program will be recorded for future reference.
- What to Expect: A 1-hour information session on Cooper Hewitt’s Design Hive program, which will include interactive Q + A.
- Accommodations: This program will include live captioning. For general questions, or if we can provide additional accessibility services or accommodations to support your participation in this program, please email us at CHEducation@si.edu or let us know when registering. Please make your accommodation request as far in advance as possible—preferably at least one week before the program date when possible.