February saw the opening of Beauty—Cooper Hewitt Design Triennial, and visitors have been busy sharing their takes on contemporary work featured in the galleries, as well as special moments found throughout the museum. Here are some of our favorites.
Make sure to tag your photos #cooperhewitt on Instagram to be featured in next month’s roundup!
- @su_nus introduced photoluminescence to a young visitor.
- @yokoteki shed a tear in the Immersion Room.
- @zoya_el_flor caught a selfie in the Design Triennial.
- @krystledesantos stuck a pose against Studio Job wallpaper.
- @rodrogogua captured the glow of Michael Anastassiades’s work.
- @fabulousartist played with the textile patterns of Vlisco.
- @mayra_im shared an intricate detail of The Haas Brothers’ beaded Afreaks sculptures.
- @frannyvillain entered the atmospheric world of Maiko Takeda.
- @jeffreymccullough stopped in his tracks after viewing a ring by Delfina Delettrez.
- @torzee_ shared her illustration of Giambattista Valli’s extravagant fashion.
- @star11star discovered architecture is everywhere in the Design Triennial.
- @bcrozier83 took an action shot in Heatherwick Studio’s Spun chair.
- @janninefaetan found museum lovers of all ages.
- @mbwbklyn illuminated the interplay of shadow and light with Neri Oxman’s 3D printed glass.
- @jamkins56 shows why Cooper Hewitt is an architectural landmark.