On October 8, 2014, leading business and design innovators were invited to Cooper Hewitt’s Business of Design Breakfast, an annual invitation-only National Design Awards event for business leaders to discuss how good design is good business. Teresa Yoo, Vice President of Brand Strategy and Experience Design at IBM moderated the conversation, which was hosted by IBM at their Marketing Experience Labs Client Center. Themes included the relevance of design to the museum experience, the impact of digital life on design, and recruiting and managing talent.
2014 participants include:
· Caroline Baumann, Director, Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
· Andrew Crow, Head of Design, Uber
· Philip Duncan, Global Design Officer, Corporate Design, The Procter & Gamble Company
· Dane Howard, Director, Global Brand Experience, eBay Inc
· Randy Hunt, Creative Director, Etsy
· Doris Reyes, Senior Director of Visual Merchandising, MaxMara USA
· Jason Schulte, Founder & Creative Director, Office Inc.
· Siddhartha Shukla, Chief Marketing Officer, Theory + Helmut Lang, Fast Retailing
· Margaret Gould Stewart, Director of Product Design, Facebook
· Jan Vingerhoets, CEO, Flos USA Inc.
· Teresa Yoo, Vice President, Brand Strategy and Experience Design, IBM Corporation