Celebrate National Design Week at our two-day family festival for design lovers of all ages! Play designer in activities and workshops inspired by the winners of the 2015 National Design Awards and be among the first to experience our hands-on exhibition Pixar: The Design of Story.
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 10 and 11
Rain or shine
Workshop spaces are limited; the Pen will not be available during this event.
Special guests and event highlights
- Shane Coen of Coen + Partners (2015 National Design Award winner for Landscape Architecture)
- Donald Strum, Principal, Product Design, Michael Graves Architecture & Design (Michael Graves, 2015 National Design Award winner for Lifetime Achievement [posthumously awarded])
- Puppet design with Sesame Street Workshop
- Interactive design with littleBits
- 3D fashion workshop with 3D Systems
- Instrument design with Bash the Trash
- Furniture design with Green:Inspired:Art
- Tattly temporary tattoo booth
- Imagination Playground
- Storytelling with Jonathan Kruk and LuAnn Adams
- Music by DJ Kakez in the Arthur Ross Terrace and Garden
This is a free event. No ticket reservations are required.
Target Family Design Festival is made possible by the generous support of