studio tour with nARCHITECTS
Join us as we go behind the scenes with the firm nARCHITECTS, winner of the 2023 National Design Award for Architecture. nARCHITECTS was founded by Eric Bunge and Mimi Hoang in 1999, with the goal of addressing urgent issues through socially engaging architecture. The firm works for the public good, maximizing the mutual positive impact between communities, buildings, public spaces, and their environment.
Bunge, Hoang, and others from their team will share about the history of their practice, the mission and values of their work, and details of their major projects. Attendees will get a tour of the studio and office space, getting to see models and visuals that are critical to their practice.
Learn more about nARCHITECTS and all the winners of the 2023 National Design Awards.
About the Program
- Program Length: 90 minutes
- Interactivity Level: Medium. Participants will move through different areas of the studio and office space. Participants will be encouraged to ask the nARCHITECTS staff questions.
- Intended Audience: People curious about design, architecture, and want to know more about what it is like to work for an architecture firm. No previous design or architecture knowledge is required.
- Location: This program will take place at nARCHITECTS studio and office space in DUMBO, Brooklyn. The exact location will be shared with attendees upon completed registration.
- What to Expect: This program will include a brief presentation with slides followed by the opportunity to explore their studio space and talk to nARCHITECTS staff.
- Accommodations: For general questions and requests for additional accessibility services or accommodations to support your participation in this program, please email us at CHEducation@si.edu or let us know when registering. Please make your accommodation request as far in advance as possible—preferably at least one week before the program date when possible.
About national design week
National Design Week celebrates the power of design in our everyday world. Launched in 2006, National Design Week is held in conjunction with the National Design Awards. From October 2–8, Cooper Hewitt’s galleries will be free to enter, and programs will welcome all to engage with design. Join us for the presentation of the 2023 National Design Awards, and visit our calendar for a complete listing of programs during National Design Week.
National Design Awards Partner
National Design Awards Sponsors
Shelby and Frederick Gans
Alexandra and Paul Herzan
Lisa Roberts and David Seltzer
Crystal and Chris Sacca
National Design Awards Patrons
Richard M. Smith and Dr. Soon-Young Yoon
Jon C. Iwata
Design learning at Cooper Hewitt is made possible by eBay Inc., The Hirsch Family Foundation, The Milton and Sally Avery Arts Foundation, The Pinkerton Foundation, PwC Charitable Foundation, The Richard and Jean Coyne Family Foundation, with internal Smithsonian Institution funds from the Youth Access Grants for Youth Innovation in Rural America, and public funds from New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
National Design Awards trophies are created by The Corning Museum of Glass.