Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum strives to inspire, educate and empower people through design. The Education Department offers a wide range of programs on and off-campus to audiences of varying age ranges and with varying levels of exposure to design. Join Cooper Hewitt’s award winning team! Full-time educators lead workshops and tours, collaborate with the education team to develop content for programs, and provide administrative support as needed. This position reports to the Deputy Director of Education.
Leads workshops and tours and assists with development of content.
• Performs a wide range of administrative and logistical assignments assisting in the planning and developing for offsite/onsite education trainings/programs.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with educators, guest designers, and students.
• Serves as a dynamic team member working with colleagues to support the museum’s exposure, integration, and transformation programs.
• Participates and works with the Education team on high level projects and events such as the National Design Week and other programs as needed.
• Utilizes Windows Office and the Adobe Creative Suite to complete assignments.
Stays abreast with trends in museum education, design education and design fields.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in design, education or museum education studies. Transcript required if selected for the position.
• 1+ Years of teaching experience in design and/or museums.
• Experience working with and coordinating education activities with students ages 6+ and/or teachers.
• Ability to take ownership and initiative of administrative projects to ensure they are completed on time and accurately.
• Ability to multitask and keep track of work assignments to meet or exceed deadlines.
• Detail-oriented and demonstrated logistical and administrative skills.
• Ability to proofread work and write effectively.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Customer service skills.
Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Flexible work schedule, required to work up to three days per week including some holidays, evenings and weekends. Must be available to work on the following dates:
October 8, 13
November 3, 12, 17
December 1, 15, 24, 26, 27, 28
January 5, 19
February 2, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
March 2, 16
April 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 20
May 4, 18
June 1, 4, 16
Rate: $200-$300 per program
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to: email@example.com
Open until filled.
Applications due July 8th.