As a Lead Facilities Services Worker:
• Plans and schedules work orders independently or as provided by the Facilities Supervisor.
• Performs maintenance of Cooper Hewitt exterior space that includes removal of debris from the garden and the surrounding sidewalk and other cleaning assignments as required; cleans rooms, corridors, stairways and other areas within the campus; performs paint jobs.
• Coordinates and moves heavy furniture to set up conference rooms for museum staff and executives for meetings; assists or oversees in the performance of maintenance duties and installation of furniture.
• Responsible for special events setups, checking Museum’s event calendar daily and work with special events team and supervisor are paramount to this position.
• Assists with the loading dock daily activities, safety and management of receiving, storing, shipping and ordering supplies.
• Leads Facility Service Workers responsible for custodial work and maintenance to the campus that includes general cleaning and maintenance of the grounds and interior.
• Relays to workers instructions received from supervisors by assigning tasks to be performed by individual members of the group led and demonstrates to workers proper work methods.
• Physical Effort: The incumbent is required to stand and walk on hard surfaces for extended periods; to bend, stoop and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions; and to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Working Conditions: Work is performed in all forms of inclement weather conditions. Work performed in the loading dock area will be mean being exposed to fumes from diesel trucks and other vehicles. The incumbent is also exposed to cuts, scrapes, etc. in handling materials. Protective equipment such as hard hats and steel toed shoes are required.
• OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS: The incumbent is an emergency essential employee and is required to report to, or remain at, work for his or her regular tour of duty during administrative closings due to hazardous weather or other emergency situations. The position requires the ability to work overtime and fill in for staff as needed on holidays, weekends or late evenings.
• Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the job opportunity announcement.
• Your application package should include the following documents:
• Detailed resume created in the USAJOBS Resume Builder https://login.usajobs.gov/Access/Transition
• A copy of your most recent SF-50 https://eopf.opm.gov/si/
• Most current Performance Appraisal http://prism2.si.edu/Systems/EPMS/Pages/Home.aspx
Apply at this website: https://login.usajobs.gov/Access/Transition and scan all required documents above.
Application Deadline: Wednesday June 20, 2018
This position is only open to Smithsonian Employees.
Review the job announcement in detail here: