Reporting to the Director of Digital & Emerging Media, the Information Technology Manager oversees development, deployment and maintenance of Cooper Hewitt’s IT infrastructure and desktop support needs. Supports DEM’s mission of delivering strategic and technology based goals across all digital platforms and systems. Plays a key role in realizing the vision of the museum from an IT point of view.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Oversees all aspects of Cooper Hewitt’s enterprise applications and related systems.
• Manages, maintains and updates to enterprise grade constituent relationship management application (CRM); systems and services include Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server.
• Supports the Director of Digital & Emerging Media in providing museum visitors an enriched experience through the use of technology both in the physical museum and online.
• Communicates relevant museum-wide systems & services maintenance schedules, updates and changes to internal stakeholders.
• Manages procurement, installation, configuration, and deployment of computer systems including Windows and Macintosh computers, and all office equipment and systems.
• Administers Local Area Network and all devices connected to it, including desktop and laptop computers, copiers, environmental monitoring systems and IP telephony.
• Manages network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management, and maintenance concepts and methodologies, network architecture, topologies and protocols.
• Manages installation and management of servers, and oversees rooms in which onsite physical servers reside.
• Manages inventory and property system for all IT related equipment for the Museum.
• Plans, schedules, and develops the annual budget that supports Information Technology.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE ENSURE YOU ADDRESS THEM WITHIN YOUR RESUME):
• In depth experience maintaining a series of enterprise application services and managing a local area network (specialized experience requirement)
• Knowledge of enterprise applications systems such as Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) or equivalent systems.
• Ability to manage a budget, procurement of IT equipment and management of medium to large sized office IT needs.
• Ability to independently provide effective Desktop Support to staff using a wide variety of operating systems and applications.
• Ability to plan, schedule and develop the annual budget for IT and the inventory and property system for all IT related equipment.
IT specialists are required to have:
• Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external business partners and customers (any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unity produces including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government). Provides information or assistance. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. Effectively manages customer relationships.
• Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals and groups. Listens effectively; clarifies information, as needed. Speaks and writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner that is appropriate to the audience. Facilitates an open exchange of ideas to ensure all group input is considered. Handles technical, sensitive, or controversial topics with agility involving executives/managers as appropriate.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information, generates and evaluates alternative solutions, and makes sound recommendations.
Address these qualities within your resume!
EXCEPTIONAL SMITHSONIAN BENEFITS:
401k with matching funds + federal pension plan
Group Life Insurance
Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Free Transit/Commuter Benefits (up to $3,060 commuter costs paid per year)
Annual Leave (13 days) increasing after 3 years (20 days)
Sick Leave (13 days)
Federal Holidays (10 days)
Family Friendly Leave Family Friendly Workplace
Historic and landmark offices and garden
92Y Fitness Center
Free Entrance to Museums and Galleries
Curatorial Talks and Tours (Cooper Hewitt)
Employee Assistance Program
Tarallucci e Vino Museum Café (employee discount) http://www.cooperhewitt.org/visit/cafe/
Cooper Hewitt Museum Shop (employee discount)
Admission to NYC museums and galleries (free)
General Employee Discounts
Application Deadline: Monday 6/26/2017
Please note this is a federally funded position. In order to be considered for this job, you must set up an account at usajobs and apply on line at this website at:
Submit a detailed resume addressing all qualification requirements.