An exciting career opportunity for an eCommerce Associate to join Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian National Design Museum’s SHOP Team. This position is responsible for the SHOP’s online brand experience and partners with the Director of Retail to identify, develop, and execute initiatives to drive sales, brand awareness, acquisition, and positive customer sentiment online.
• Partner with Director of Retail to identify, develop, and execute initiatives to drive brand awareness, acquisition, and positive customer sentiment online.
• Manage all aspects of direct-to-consumer ecommerce marketing in the areas of SEO, Paid Search, and Email.
• Develop and manage day-to-day operation for website merchandising and email marketing strategies — coordinate creative development, coding, and deployment.
• Ensure the accuracy of merchandising, product information, promotions and site banners on the website at all times.
• Weekly reporting on site and campaign performance. Track key data metrics for conversion, sales, margin %, marketing income, and overall site traffic.
• Manage and monitor annual and monthly marketing budget.
• Drive strategic change by identifying potential business opportunities to optimize sales and profitability relating to e-Commerce.
• Daily site maintenance — work with all pertinent parties to establish site stability, site changes, problem trouble shooting, escalation and resolution.
• Foster collaborative relationships with other team members.
• Other projects as required.
• College degree in related field is preferred.
• In depth experience in online marketing with thorough expertise in website metrics, data analysis and reporting tools.
• Ability to independently gather data for analysis of sales and program performance for online marketing.
• Able to make recommendations on how to improve results based on marketing analysis.
• Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proactive problem solving abilities and anticipating issues in advance.
• Knowledge and experience with budgeting and return on investment analysis
• Ability to work as a team member and collaborate effectively
• Highly proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
• An enthusiasm for Cooper Hewitt, the SHOP and its products.
• Interest/knowledge in art and/or design.
Job Type – Full Time (Monday to Friday)
Salary – $46,398
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter (addressed to Hiring Official) and detailed resume addressing both qualification and special requirements. Please email them to HRecommerce@si.edu
EXCEPTIONAL SMITHSONIAN BENEFITS:
TIAA-CREF (Defined Contributions – 12 percent)
Free Life Insurance
Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Long Term Disability
Health Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
Dental (Delta Dental)
Vision (Vision Services)
Flexible Spending Accounts
Free Transit/Commuter Benefits (up to $3,060 commuter costs paid per year)
Annual Leave (13 days) increasing after 3 years (20 days)
Sick Leave (13 days)
Federal Holidays (10 days)
Family Friendly Leave Family Friendly Workplace
Historic and landmark offices and garden
92Y Fitness Center
Free Entrance to Museums and Galleries
Curatorial Talks and Tours (Cooper Hewitt)
Employee Assistance Program
Tarallucci e Vino Museum Café (employee discount)
Museum Shop (employee discount)
Admission to NYC museums and galleries (free)
General Employee Discounts