Cooper Hewitt’s Digital and Emerging Media team (DEM) is looking for a junior digital project manager to join the team for a one-year contract. This is an exciting time for the team as the museum embarks on an expanding and exciting digital program. This role will report to the Digital Product Manager and provide support across the department, as well as actively participating in the execution and delivery of a wide array of new digital products. The role will also be involved in upcoming user research and audience workshops, and would assist in documenting the findings, synthesis and outcomes.
The role can be done remotely, however the team is New York based so time difference may be a deciding factor, if working from another time zone will affect your ability to work with the team.
• Provide admin support to the DEM team including contracts, scheduling meetings and support with producing and managing project documentation (this includes for the Chief Experience officer, DEM team, Tessitura customer relationship management team, and the Interaction Lab)
• Actively assist in sprint planning and support the product manager and sr. software engineer with all aspects of project planning
• Monitor and track progress of the team’s ongoing work
• For new projects, support both our internal project leads and contracted project lead to develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
• Actively assist and document ongoing work in the team’s user research initiatives
• Support both our internal project leads and contracted project lead in upcoming audience workshops and assist in the documentation of the findings and synthesis
HIGHLY DESIRABLE PROFICIENCIES
• Experience working in museum technology or similar technology field
• Proven experience in digital project management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• User research experience
• Analytical and problem-solving oriented
4-5 days a week (32 hours) for 1 year
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter and detailed resume via email to HRdem@si.edu
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Smithsonian Institution does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
JOB SEEKERS WITH DISABILITIES
Smithsonian provides a reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.