Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum is seeking an experienced, dynamic and motivated Corporate Sponsorship Manager (CSM) with 3-5 years’ experience specializing in corporate giving to join the energetic and enthusiastic Institutional Giving team. The CSM will: identify, solicit and secure corporate contributions and membership that meet or exceed fiscal year fundraising goals, manage funder credits and benefits, create thorough sponsor reports, manage database and prospect list reporting and maintenance, and create and develop best-in-class opportunities for Institutional Giving/Corporate Relations Program. Must be highly proactive, creative, detail oriented, capable of working autonomously and as a team. S/he will generate strategies to reach goal, will be held responsible for generating impactful revenue, and general upkeep of records. This individual will be expected to set and meet deadlines. Some knowledge of special events work is preferred.
• Conduct prospect research and develop strategy to meet a Corporate Sponsorship goal of approximately $2M.
• Manage and grow Corporate Membership program, meeting a goal of $225,000.
• Develop high quality sponsorship proposals, appeals and reports in coordination with various departments for exhibitions, National Design Awards, and special projects.
• Prepare accurate corporate briefings and museum information packets for prospect meetings.
• Work closely with Smithsonian Institution to create gift agreements. Generate invoices, ensure payments are received, and draft and send acknowledgement letters.
• Maintain timely moves management, contact information, and follow-up actions in SI database, as well as current upkeep of all prospect lists. Ensure exceptional stewardship of major donors.
• Oversee preparation of accurate exhibition and program fact sheets.
• Keep abreast of key corporate moves and changes (WSJ, NYT, etc.); write and distribute weekly email digest of corporate news.
• Oversee funder credits across institution.
• With Special Events Manager, organize and grow select events.
• B.A. or higher.
• 3-5 years of fundraising experience, working directly with corporate donors.
• Proven track record of corporate fundraising with successful asks for 6 figure gifts.
• Ability to identify corporate prospects and provide strategies to secure funding.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a development team.
• Ability to communicate verbally, share ideas in professional manner.
• Ability to communicate in writing and produce documents and high-level, error-free, confidential reports.
• Ability to organize and track a wide variety of correspondence and documents.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, prospect research tools, fundraising databases
• Ability to meet or exceed deadlines by demonstrating initiative and ownership of projects
• Interest and background in design, art, and museums preferred
EXCEPTIONAL SMITHSONIAN BENEFITS:
Full Time Position (Eligible to be extended each year)
TIAA-CREF (Defined Contributions – 12 percent)
Life Insurance (including Optional Life Insurance)
Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Long Term Disability
Health Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
Dental (Delta Dental)
Vision (Vision Services)
Flexible Spending Accounts
Free Transit/Commuter Benefits (up to $3,060 paid per year)
Annual Leave (13 days)
Sick Leave (13 days)
Federal Holidays (10 days)
Family Friendly Leave
Family Friendly Workplace
Historic and landmark offices/library and garden
Curatorial Talks and Tours (Cooper Hewitt)
92Y Fitness Center
Employee Assistance Program
Tarallucci e Vino Museum Café (employee discount) http://www.cooperhewitt.org/visit/cafe/
Museum Shop (employee discount) http://shop.cooperhewitt.org/
Free Admission to most NYC museums: http://www.ny.com/museums/all.museums.html
Other Employee Discounts
Please submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to HRcorporate@si.edu
Application deadline is: Open Until Filled