- Assistant Shop Manager (SHOP)
- Cataloguer (Drawings, Prints and Graphic Design) One Year Appointment
- Curator of Contemporary Design
- Design Camp Assistant Educator (Contractor)
- Design Camp Educator (Contractor)
- HEAD OF CONSERVATION and SENIOR OBJECTS CONSERVATOR
- Institutional Giving Communications Manager
- Interactive Media Developer
- Museum Exhibition Worker (Intermittent Employment)
- Senior Curator (Head of Product Design and Decorative Arts)
- Tessitura Manager
Peter A. Krueger Summer Internships
The Peter A. Krueger Summer Internship Program offers college students the opportunity to gain professional skills and learn about museum practices at Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum. Cooper Hewitt is the only museum in the United States that is exclusively devoted to historic and contemporary design. Interns will acquire in-depth knowledge and develop an enriched understanding of how the museum fulfills its mission to educate, inspire, and empower people through design. During the summer, interns collaborate with staff on specific projects and gain experience in the daily operation of their selected department(s). Krueger interns come from a wide variety of academic backgrounds and there are many cross-disciplinary opportunities for students to pursue an interest in design with their major study of education, computer science, digital media, art history, studio art, or the sciences. In addition to their professional activities, interns attend meetings, lectures, and public programs at Cooper Hewitt and travel outside the museum to meet and connect with individuals and organizations that are integral to design and the arts of New York City.
Duration: 10 weeks, 40 hours/week
Applications are accepted from currently enrolled undergraduate students.
To apply, create an account and complete the application on Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA).
Required application materials: resume, cover letter, short essay, two references, and transcript
Interns will be selected according to demonstrated interest, applicable skill, and relevant experience. In your application, please select two departments of interest.