- Corporate Sponsorship Manager
- Curator of Contemporary Design
- DesignPrep Summer Intensive Assistant Educator (Contractor)
- DesignPrep Summer Intensive Educator (Contractor)
- Head of Product Design and Decorative Arts and Senior Curator
- Information Technology Manager (Federally Funded Position)
- Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support)
- Institutional Giving Communications Manager
- MEMBERSHIP MANAGER
- PROGRAM ASSISTANT (CURATORIAL and EDUCATION)
- Senior Gifts Officer (Apply by or before Tuesday, April 24, 2018)
- Tessitura Manager
Peter A. Krueger Summer Internships
The Peter A. Krueger Summer Internship Program offers undergraduate students the opportunity to gain professional skills and learn about museum practices at Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum. Cooper Hewitt is the only museum in the United States that is exclusively devoted to historic and contemporary design. Interns will acquire in-depth knowledge and develop an enriched understanding of how the museum fulfills its mission to educate, inspire, and empower people through design. During the summer, interns collaborate with staff on specific projects and gain experience in the daily operation of their selected department(s). In addition to their professional activities, interns attend meetings, lectures, and public programs at Cooper Hewitt and travel outside the museum to meet and connect with individuals and organizations that are integral to design and the arts of New York City.
Duration: 10 weeks, 40 hours/week
June 11, 2018 - August 17, 2018
Application deadline: Friday, March 23, 2018
Applications are accepted from currently enrolled undergraduate students.
To apply, create an account and complete the application on Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA).
Required application materials: resume, three short essays, two references, and transcript
Interns will be selected according to demonstrated interest, applicable skill, and relevant experience.