We are delighted to be leading the Capital Campaign for Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum—the largest and most ambitious campaign in the Museum’s history. From 2009 to 2014, the Museum will nearly double its exhibition space, increase the display of its permanent collection, greatly improve facilities for students, and plan for collection growth and conservation.
To foster a greater understanding of the role of design in daily life, the Museum will expand its website into the world’s largest provider of online design resources. Cooper-Hewitt will also build its endowment, to create a strong financial platform from which to sustain its programs and prepare for the future. We have received tremendous enthusiasm and support for these goals from Cooper-Hewitt’s Board of Trustees, the Smithsonian Institution, New York City, New York State, and close friends. We encourage you to act and become involved. Together, we can unlock the potential of this great American institution for design enthusiasts of all ages—across the nation and around the world.
Capital Campaign Co-Chairmen
• Michael Francis, Campaign Co-Chairman
• Harvey Krueger, Chairman Emeritus and Campaign Co-Chairman
Capital Campaign Committee
• Paul Herzan, Board Chairman
• Beth Comstock, Board President
• Nancy Marks, Board Vice Chairman
• Enid W. Morse, Board Vice Chairman
• Esme Usdan, Exhibitions Committee Chairman
• John H. Bryan, Former Chairman and CEO, Sara Lee Corporation