Join us in December as we explore the design process behind Pixar Animation Studios. During this workshop, middle school students will be inspired by the museum’s Pixar installation and draw from their processes of iteration, collaboration and research to create their own characters and stories. Students will apply visual problem-solving to the creation of colorscripts, and learn to think like the minds behind Pixar’s most beloved films.
Students will be able to:
- Study and draw inspiration from the collection of Cooper Hewitt.
- Understand the design process.
- Work with and learn from professional designers.
- Engage in collaborative discussion.
- Create and develop a varied body of work.
- Learn to present and discuss work.
Dates + Locations:
Wednesday 12/2, 4:00-6:00 at Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, 2 E 91st St*
Monday 12/7, 4:00-6:30 at Cooper Hewitt Design Center, Harlem
Wednesday 12/9, 4:00-6:30 at Copper Hewitt Design Center, Harlem
Monday 12/14, 4:00-6:30 at Cooper Hewitt Design Center, Harlem
Wednesday 12/16, 4:00-6:30 at Cooper Hewitt Design Center, Harlem*
*Note: Parents/guardians are asked to join the first and last sessions.
DesignPrep 101 is made possible in part by the generous support of Deutsche Bank.