The Education Assistant will assist with and support two or more Education Programs with a wide range of education and administrative projects such as preparing educational materials, assisting with educational events, and presenting education programs to teachers and/or students at the museum or/and offsite locations.
• Performs a wide range of administrative and logistical assignments assisting in the planning and developing for offsite/onsite education trainings/programs
• Manages the Department’s registration process for various programs and ensures appropriate follow up. Welcomes educators, teachers and students in a professional manner held at the Museum, schools and at a wide variety of offsite locations.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with educators, teachers, and students.
• Serves as a dynamic team member in working with colleagues that support the Museum’s education, curatorial and pubic programs initiatives.
• Participates and works with the Education team on high level projects and events such as the National Design Week and other program areas as needed.
• Utilizes Windows Office (i.e., such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other software) in completing assignments. Exposure and potential usage/input with digital technology.
• Interest in design, art, digital and media technology
• Travel is required to various locations within NYC metro area, Washington, DC and other locations throughout the US.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in education or museum education studies
• Ability to take ownership and initiative of administrative projects to ensure they are completely timely and accurately.
• Proficient in Windows Office such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other software. Interest and experience with digital technology.
• Ability to multi task and keep track of work assignments to meet or exceed deadlines for two education programs or more.
• Experience working with and coordinating education activities with students and/or teachers
• Ability to manage the registration process and confirm attendance in a proactive manner.
• Ability to proofread work and write effectively.
• Ability to compile data for reports using Excel and/or Word.
• Ability to travel.
• Valid driver’s license in order to drive to offsite locations for events and conferences.
• Flexible work schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed.
TIAA-CREF: Earn up to 12% free contributions once eligible
Pre-Tax Annuity (Tax Deferred):Contribute pre-tax earnings
FREE Life Insurance
Health Insurance (Carefirst-Blue Cross Blue Shield)
Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
FREE Commuter Benefits (up to $130 per month free computer costs paid for)
Commuter Bicycle Reimbursement Program
10 Federal Holidays (Paid time off)
Family Friendly Leave
Family Friendly Workplace
Historic and landmark museum, offices and garden
FREE 92Y Fitness Center
Amazing Employee Discounts
FREE Entrance to Museums and Galleries (New York)
National Design Library
FREE Employee Assistance Program/Counseling
FREE Health Screenings
FREE Flu Vaccine (onsite)
Submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to: HReducation@si.edu