MAJOR DUTIES: The Development and Membership Operations Manager will play a critical role across Development and Membership in managing data entry practices and procedures, giving reporting and analysis, gift processing and acknowledgements, benefits fulfillment and tracking, mailing lists for events and communications, donor recognition lists, as well as prospect pipeline management. Serves as a member of the Major Gifts team and is the primary liaison between the Development department and the Finance and IT departments of Cooper Hewitt and the Smithsonian.
• 5+ years of experience servicing as a database management specialist for development and membership operations for a cultural organization or equivalent with proven ability to develop policies, procedures, guidelines, and systems that meet department needs.
• 5+ years of experience maintaining impeccable records in fundraising database management system to ensure accurate and updated knowledge of donor giving history and relationships.
• Fluency with Microsoft Excel including pivot table and data table functions, Microsoft Word including mail merge functions
• Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, and database conversion experience a plus.
• Demonstrated maturity and sound judgment, ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy, and close attention to detail, when managing various data driven projects
• Self-motivated and outstanding organizational skills with a proven track record at meeting/exceeding deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively and motivate colleagues and donors.
• Interest in historical and contemporary design is highly desirable.
TIAA-CREF (Tax Deferred and Defined Contributions)
Free Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Free Transit/Commuter Benefits
Annual and Sick Leave
Family Friendly Leave
Family Friendly Workplace
Historic and landmark offices and garden
92Y Fitness Center
Free Entrance to Museums and Galleries
Employee Assistance Program
Please submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to HRdevelopmentcareers@si.edu
Deadline is Monday, August 24, 2015
Please visit: http://www.cooperhewitt.org